Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Truly Wonderful Week

What a wonderful week this has been!! I started Monday rather down in the dumps. But a fresh spirit from heaven encouraged me. It has only gotten better each day of this week. As the saying goes, "out of the mouth of babes" sometimes the most amazing things come out and strengthen our resolve, our spirit, and our faith. That has been the case for me and has been a help and a comfort for me this week.

Today was another day of slogging through PHP code trying to get an updateable form on our website at work. After two days of working on this rather tediously monotonous list of variables, I have major breakthroughs this afternoon and was able to bring the whole form set to fruition and make it live. I believe it will be greeted with quite some enthusiasm and the battle to make it happen quickly increased my confidence in coding from start to finish. Now on to other important issues and tasks.

Over the next few blog posts, I hope to post some reviews of books that I use so that others who may work with web pages or be interested in working with web pages will know what resources I have found useful. These posts will review books on HTML/XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Xpath, SQL, PHP, and .NET applications. They won't all come at first but will come one at a time in between other blogposts. I will be working on a specific format for each that will include links to Amazon.com for the actual books, a link to the publishers website, ISBN, prices, etc. So stay tuned!

Now, to my last item for this blog post, a few words about my sweet little man, Morgan Barnes. Today was Morgie's first day of school, my little sweet buddy became a kindergartner. I have so enjoyed getting to know this little boy who has become one of the lights in my life. All of us at the church have had a chance to watch him from birth to this momentous transition in his life. And, if you ever meet Morgan, you will never forget him. His sweet little smile, and that good old dose of Barnes stubborness, are so much fun to be around and to watch. And, if you didn't know, Morgie gives a great chiropractic workout to your back. Just let him jump and climb on it for an hour or so and all the kinks will be worked out! So Morgan, welcome to school! Just be who you are and never forget how much we all love you. And, of course, let's not forget that Thomas the Train is never far away!

No comments: