Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rainy Day in Flat Rock

Just arrived at work for what appears to be another rainy day! When I saw the news this morning, I was somewhat glad I'm not at the CollegeNET user's conference in Portland, Oregon, this summer. The temperature today is slated to be 106 degrees which is just unheard of out there. Normally, the week of user's conference is in the 70s and feels wonderful in comparison to our sultry summer weather here in the south.

Currently, I'm wading through a PHP program that is 23 pages long trying to figure out what each piece does. If you write computer code, please DOCUMENT what you do. Comments really help the person following you save time as they search the process and steps of what you are doing. You know, the proverbial bus could hit you!

On the hospital front, my mom continues to recover from her double-knee replacement surgery. One day after surgery she was up doing the "mummy" walk (yes they have her legs wrapped in bandages) and last night she called me at home to tell me they were doing physical therapy at 9:30 PM. I guess you don't get any rest in the hospital!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments: