Friday, July 24, 2009

The Last Night of a Very Successful VBS

VBS 2009 is over except for our annual picnic and commencement exercises on Sunday evening. These five nights have flown by while we have experienced evenings that have surprised me beyond any of my wildest expectations. If anyone had told me that by the last night I would have 180 enrollments, I would have told them they were nuts!

Am I tired, OH YEAH! I'm absolutely exhausted. Working, driving, being excited for and with the kids, and managing all of that for a week has been a challenge. But nothing worth doing is worth doing halfway! I will be posting pictures soon for folks to see our week in VBS. I may even do a flash or PowerPoint slide show. I haven't decided which I want to do this year. The best part of this evening was watching our young former Abercrombie model let the kids paint his old beater truck, nicknamed "Stepchild". Those kids wrote testimonials, scripture, and words of wisdom all over that truck. Tony is going to be a driving witness. It is absolutely an amazing thing to see the transformation that has taken place in this young man's life. He is an inspiration to me!

And to think, we end this week with 9 more young souls who will join us in a joyous celebration in heaven. You just can't beat that feeling.

No comments: