Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blogging the Amazon River Basin

Between April 9th and April 18th, I went with a group of seven other people on a mission trip to the Amazon River Basin.  During our trip, we visited two remote villages located approximately seven hours up the Amazon River from the city of Santarém, Brazil.  Our trip to this region included time spent in two villages, Curuaí and Aracurí.  While in Brazil, I wrote over 70 pages of journal entries detailing my thoughts, experiences, and observations about the flora, fauna, indigenous peoples, and the conditions in the villages.  Over the next few weeks, I will be bringing my written journal online in an electronic format for all of those who were interested in our experiences in Brazil.  The experience was life-changing in so many ways and causes one to reassess many aspects of life.  Naturally, when one writes a journal there are some elements of that journal that become very personal.  The most personal of observations that I deem something I do not want to share with the web community will remain in my written journal only.  There are things that are too personal to share (well, at least for some of us!).  I hope everyone enjoys my thoughts about what I experienced in the Amazon River Basin.  It was truly a time of discovery of many things about myself.  Stay tuned for more posts.

No comments: