Sunday, November 2, 2008

My First Blog

I have often considered opening my own blog but never seemed to take the time to do so. With two days of this presidential election left, I decided this was a great time to start. Welcome to The DemoZone (short for The Democratic Zone). I am an avid Democratic political activist and will be looking forward to sharing both my political views and other activities that I am involved with. As I travel a fair amount for work, I will include restaurant suggestions in areas where I travel as well as details about these locales.

This weekend I had my first opportunity to canvass for a political candidate. I have been involved in Democratic Party activities for most of my adult life having served as both Third Vice Chair and Treasurer of my local county party. I also got the experience of a lifetime serving as a Gore delegate at the 2000 Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles. And yes, I believe firmly that Al Gore won that election and that the Supreme Court of the United States subverted the collective will of the voters. Canvassing for Senator Barack Obama this weekend in rural North Carolina reaffirmed my joy in working politically to change our great country in so many positive ways.

I encourage everyone to get out and vote on Tuesday (if you haven't already voted in early voting). I also strongly encourage you to vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden to be the next President and Vice President of the United States.

Welcome to my blog and stay tuned for more.

No comments: